NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 20:28:51 +0000
Dear Faculty & Staff:

As the winter term is nearing completion and as we get ready to begin the spring term, we wanted to remind everyone of the following emergency related items:

  1.  The University has an Emergency web page<http://www.nl.edu/emergency/> (www.nl.edu/emergency/<http://www.nl.edu/emergency/>) that contains key emergency response policies for the University, emergency contact numbers and updates as to any issues (including weather cancellations) that may be in effect.
  2.  If you have not already <www.nl.edu/emergency/notificationsystem> signed up<https://www.nl.edu/emergency/notificationsystem> for emergency text updates and/or phone messages from the University, you are urged to do so. You can do so at www.nl.edu/emergency/notificationsystem<http://www.nl.edu/emergency/notificationsystem/>.
  3.  The University makes available Emergency Z-cards at each campus facility front desk that contains important safety information, emergency response information and phone numbers. We urge all faculty, staff and students to obtain one of these cards from their nearest campus if they don't already have one.
  4.  In each University classroom, a flipchart exists that contains various information including a floor map and the appropriate procedures to follow for various types of emergencies.
  5.  If you or anyone you know become aware of a reportable incident at the University including behavioral issues, club or student organization matters, a facilities issue, health/illness/injury, personal issue, self-harm issue, theft/missing property, trespasser, violence, threats, etc., an incident form should be filled at the University's "Let Us Know<http://www.nl.edu/legalpages/letusknow/>" webpage (www.nl.edu/legalpages/letusknow/<http://www.nl.edu/legalpages/letusknow/>). The types of issues that should be reported are available on this page.
  6.  The appropriate steps to follow in case of an Active Shooter situation are "Run, Hide, Fight." While it is hard to be prepared for every situation, we want everyone to view the "RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event" video funded by the Department of Homeland Security that details the appropriate steps to take in case of an Active Shooter emergency.

Please login to the NLU Portal<https://my.nl.edu/>, select the "My Services" tab, then click on "NLU Self Service" link and go to the "Acknowledgement" tab to view and then acknowledge that you have watched the Surviving an Active Shooter Training video.

Thank you.
The NLU Emergency Response Team