NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 20:48:13 +0000
Trouble Viewing? Click Here<http://www.nl.edu/eblasts/Fall-Connection2-2016/index.html>.

[National Louis University]

REGISTER TODAY!

CONNECTION 2016

September 7- 8

[Click Here to Register]<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2016FallConnection>

NLU Community,

The Connection Committee cordially invites you to attend the 2016 Fall Connection on September 7-8. This year our Connection is organized around understanding and connecting to our future. Our events will focus on the vision for 2020 - the big picture and the strategies we are implementing to get there, and we know there are lots of questions. Accordingly, we are inviting the NLU community to ask "burning questions," which will be addressed by the President, Provost, and Board Chairman during an open session at the University Club.

We invite you to submit your question(s) on NLU and its future. Questions can be submitted anonymously in advance of Connection (click here<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NLUQuestions>) or question cards will be available during the event. We welcome all questions, and every attempt will be made to answer as many as possible during the allotted time, with priority given to questions that have the widest appeal to all faculty and staff.

We encourage all staff, full-time and adjunct faculty to join us in Connecting to our Future with our shared vision for 2020. Click here to RSVP for the 2016 Fall Connection<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2016FallConnection>. A detailed schedule of activities is listed below and also located on the Connection website<http://www.nl.edu/universityconnection/>.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 / Chicago campus

11:00 am - Noon: Provost Address
Our entire NLU community is invited to hear Dr. Alison Hilsabeck outline the academic vision and the year ahead.

Noon - 2:00 pm: Faculty Association Meeting (including working lunch)
For all faculty, this meeting will focus on the overarching topic of Navigating Changes in Higher Education: Faculty Perspectives. This is an opportunity for an engaged faculty discussion about the vast changes that are occurring in higher education in general, and at NLU specifically.

2:15 - 5:00 pm - College Meetings
CPSA (Room 4020/4022) and NCE (Atrium)

Thursday, September 8, 2016 - Chicago campus

9:00 am - Potluck Breakfast
9:45 - 10:00 am - Opening Session
10:15 am - 2:15 pm (lunch included) - Ignite Sessions and Debrief

Come Ignite with us! For all faculty and staff, the interactive Ignite Sessions will feature our central strategic plan initiatives. These include the Undergraduate College, Online strategy, NCE, CPSA and Florida. The sessions are designed as "ignite" style presentations followed by small group discussions guided by specific questions. (What is an Ignite presentation?<http://sixminutes.dlugan.com/ignite-presentations>) Groups will add their responses in a "live" document, which will be visible to the entire NLU Community. Using the discussion feedback, session leaders will share key learnings and ideas in a community-wide debrief.

2:30 - 3:45 pm - Special Topic Presentations: (list of Special Topics available on the Connection Agenda<http://www.nl.edu/universityconnection/connectionagenda/>)

4:00 - 7:30 pm - University Club Reception
The NLU Community will convene at the University Club to hear from the Board Chairman Scott Smith and President Megahed - followed by an open session with Chairman Smith, President Megahed and Provost Hilsabeck addressing your "Burning Questions." We will end the afternoon by recognizing staff and faculty receiving Excellence Awards and celebrating those who have made significant contributions to advancing NLU with our Elizabeth awards - this year those awardees are nominated for "Igniting Opportunities at NLU" with their contributions and commitment. Stay to relax and enjoy time with your colleagues at our annual reception, which includes plenty of food and drink for all.

Click here to RSVP for the 2016 Fall Connection<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2016FallConnection>