NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2017 21:19:22 +0000
To All Employees:

Your calendar year 2016 W-2 form has been mailed to your home address as reflected in Banner.  You can also access a copy of your W-2 form by logging into the NLU portal<https://my.nl.edu/>. To obtain a copy of your W-2 from the portal, log-in, select the My Services tab, and then click NLU SELF SERVICE link. Next select Employee, and then Tax Forms, followed by W-2. The fields in the final window will reflect the tax year (2016). You will need to click Display to view a copy of your 2016 W-2. When prompted for a PIN number, enter your Portal password.

Please remember that Box 1 of your W-2 represents your annual salary less any pre-tax deductions that you have, including TIAA-CREF, Medical premiums, Dental premiums, Vision premiums and Flexible Spending.  These allowable deductions are subtracted from your annual salary to reduce the level of your overall taxable income.

As a reminder, the amount in Box 12 DD on the W-2 represents the total employer and employee cost of the medical premiums paid on your behalf during the year.  Please note that these amounts are required to be shown and are for informational purposes only.  These amounts are not included in your taxable income.

If you believe your W-2 has been sent to an incorrect address or if you have any other questions, please contact the Payroll Office.  Please note that this is a busy time for the post office as they have similar mailings going out, so we are requesting that you give the mail until February 6 to arrive before we reissue W-2s for this reason.

As always, if you have any payroll related questions, please call the payroll office at Extensions 5439, 5506 or 5451.