NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2017 22:18:36 +0000

To our Faculty-Professionals Who Achieve and People Who Inspire,

We are pleased to announce February has been dedicated as Faculty Appreciation Month. A month-long opportunity for the NLU Community to acknowledge your contributions and to show our appreciation. Highlights of Faculty Appreciation Month include Faculty Forums facilitated through the Office of Teaching Learning and facilitated by faculty; "Shout Outs" and messages from students; refreshments on campus; and a reception hosted by Provost Hilsabeck and President Megahed.

Below is a list of activities for the month with links to find additional information.

FACULTY FORUMS
Throughout the month, the Office of Teaching and Learning, in collaboration with the Learning Information and Technology Services (LITS), is sponsoring a series of Faculty Forums, faculty-driven professional development opportunities.  Each Faculty Forum shares the unique approaches to post-secondary core teaching practices occurring in various NLU contexts.

There are 17 Faculty Forums during the month of February.  All Forums will be held online via Zoom web conference and are one hour in length. One core practice will be represented each week (see below).  All the Forums will be recorded and available for review in the D2L Faculty Development course-Exploring Blended at NLU.

Core practice topics:
*Week 1: Facilitating Content Discussions
* Week 2: Using Formative Assessment of Student Learning
*Week 3: Facilitating Team Work
*Week 4: Engaging Students in a Writing Process

If you have not registered, please do so as there is limited space available.
The schedule of Faculty Forums is available at <http://www.nl.edu/upload/february_faculty_forums.pdf> www.nl.edu/upload/february_faculty_forums<http://www.nl.edu/upload/february_faculty_forums.pdf>

Student Appreciation
Through the Office of the Student Experience, we have the opportunity to show how much we appreciate the encouragement and support you show in and out of the classroom. Look for your name and messages of gratitude posted on the Inspiration Wall at each IL campus or view the online "Shout Outs" available at www.nl.edu/facultyappreciation<http://www.nl.edu/facultyappreciation/>. Don't be surprised if you are asked for a "Selfie" with your class!

Thank you for blazing the trail at NLU!
At trail mix bar and hot beverages will be available for faculty all month at each IL campus. Thanks a latte!

Faculty Appreciation Reception
The Faculty Appreciation Reception will be held on Friday, February 24, 2017, from 3:00-5:00pm in the Chicago campus Atrium. Sponsored by President Megahed, the reception will feature a short address, guest speakers, finger food and alcoholic libations. After the reception, stay in the city and enjoy the evening with your friends. Look for an invitation soon!

For more information or questions, contact the [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

With appreciation,

NLU's administration, staff and students