NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 21:07:03 +0000
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND INQUIRY Symposium
Tuesday, May 23 * 5:00-7:30pm * Chicago campus, 2nd Floor Atrium

The Community Engagement and Inquiry Symposium is presented by the Civic Engagement Center in collaboration with the College of Professional Studies and Advancement and National College of Education. In 2015, NLU was honored with a designation by the Carnegie Foundation as a Community Engaged Institution. This symposium allows us to share the community engaged work being done across the university and to bridge understanding of the questions and good work we all do within our disciplines across colleges.

We will also welcome guest speaker Frances Rust, Ed.D. Professor Emerita, New York University, Senior Fellow at the Metro Center of New York University-Steinhardt and Senior Fellow at The University of Pennsylvania-Graduate School of Education.

All undergraduate and master's students, as well as faculty, are invited to present across a variety of projects. Presentations on projects being carried out as part of coursework are highly encouraged.
Proposal submissions due by Monday, May 1, 2017 to nl.edu/proposalsubmission<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EHWkHq7qOQFsZopmRjrKhM6YjiZY9yMzcm-43rUWmBc/viewform?edit_requested=true>.

TYPES OF PROJECTS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:

  *   service-learning experiences and projects
  *   action and practitioner research
  *   community-engaged research
  *   community consultation fieldwork
  *   community assessments
  *   partnership-based inquiry

Projects will be presented as concurrent sessions both in person and via zoom.
Contact Tiffeny Jimenez (CPSA) at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Antonina Lukenchuk (NCE) at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more information.