NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2016 17:26:31 +0000
To our Faculty-Professionals Who Achieve and People Who Inspire,

We are pleased to announce February has been dedicated as Faculty Appreciation Month. A month-long opportunity for the NLU Community to acknowledge your contributions and to show our appreciation. Highlights of Faculty Appreciation Month include an engaged blended learning experience designed by the Office of Teaching Learning; "Shout Outs" and messages from students; refreshments on campus; and a reception hosted by Provost Hilsabeck and President Megahed. Additionally, the second edition of the "Faculty Spotlight" will be digitally published featuring faculty achievements and successes

Below is a list of activities for the month with links to find additional information.

Blended Learning Experience
The Office of Teaching and Learning kicked-off Faculty Appreciation Month with an examination of blended learning @NLU! On February 4, Curt Bonk, Ph.D., author of The Blended Learning Handbook, led an interactive discussion with our faculty on blended learning models and techniques. A link to a video of the presentation will be made available to all faculty in the next few weeks.

On D2L, an Exploring Blended Learning at NLU shell is available where you will find readings and discussions around blended learning systems and concepts. The intent is that these resources help facilitate a community-wide examination on how to best develop our own form of blended learning at National Louis. In order to take part in this learning opportunity, you'll need to register yourself for the course in D2L. For registration instructions, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXk36e83vEM.

There will also be a Faculty Panel on Blended Learning @NLU held on February 17, 2016, from 2:00-4:00pm. In this panel presentation, faculty will share their experiences in designing blended courses and student reactions. The panel will be on the Chicago campus or via Zoom - https://nl.zoom.us/j/3122613086<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=&msgid=0&act=11111&c=957735&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fnl.zoom.us%2Fj%2F3122613086>.

Student Appreciation
Through the Office of the Student Experience, we have the opportunity to show how much we appreciate the encouragement and support you show in and out of the classroom. Look for your name and messages of gratitude posted on the Inspiration Wall at each IL campus or view the online "Shout Outs" available at nl.edu/facultyappreciation<http://www.nl.edu/facultyappreciation>. Don't be surprised if you are asked for a "Selfie" with your class!

Thanks a Latte!
Hot beverages and treats will be available all month on each IL campus. Enjoy!

Faculty Appreciation Reception
Hosted by President Megahed and Provost Hilsabeck, a reception will be held on Friday, February 26, 2016, from 3:00-5:00pm in the Chicago campus Atrium. The reception will feature a short address, student guest speakers, finger food and alcoholic libations. After the reception, stay in the city and enjoy the evening with your friends. Look for an invitation soon!

For more information or questions, contact the [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

With appreciation,

NLU's administration, staff and students