NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:28:55 +0000
NLU Community:

In an effort to support you and your interactions with students the attached 'Students in Crisis' Booklet was developed to provide our community with a high level understanding of how to respond and report the following student behavior issues:

  *   Concerning behavior-what student behavior should raise a red flag and be reported to ensure that the university responds and provides resources while also providing a safe learning environment for all.
  *   Sexual misconduct and Title IX-each member of our community is considered a responsible employee that is expected to report issues surrounding sexual harassment, relationship violence and sexual assault.
  *   Student conduct-we care about the type of people our students become and the conduct process ensures students learn through our educational process to display professional behavior at National Louis while also adhering to all student policies.

The University's Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) addresses concerning student behavior and strategically collaborates on student issues to ensure communication, resources, and prevention of escalating behavior.

You can report concerning behavior and student policy violations at www.nl.edu/letusknow<http://www.nl.edu/letusknow>.

Points of Contact:

  *   Student conduct/policy questions or concerns: Daniel Amato, Associate Director of Student Development at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  *   BIT Chair: Danielle Laban, Director of Student Experience at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Please take a few minutes to read through the attached guide. This reference document was created to support your interactions with students and provide you with a necessary guide when responding to student issues and concerns.

If you have questions or would like to review a specific student situation for next steps, please contact either Danielle Laban<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or <[log in to unmask]> Dan Amato<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.