NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2016 18:12:42 +0000
Dear NLU Community,

National Louis is gearing up to participate in Sexual Assault Awareness month through a Red Flag Campaign. The Red Flag Campaign addresses dating violence on campus, and will appear on our campus beginning April 11th. Designed with a "bystander intervention" strategy, the campaign encourages friends and other campus community members to "say something" when they see warning signs ("red flags") for dating violence in a friend's relationship.

The Red Flag Campaign features a series of posters that illustrate "red flags" that might be present in a relationship in which dating violence is happening. Each poster reflects one of the following themes: coercion, emotional abuse, sexual assault, victim-blaming, excessive jealousy, isolation, and stalking. An example of a helpful peer response is also provided on each poster. The purpose of The Red Flag Campaign is to encourage students to speak up when they see red flags for dating violence in their friends' relationships.

To supplement the poster series we have organized the following activities throughout the month of April:

  *   Community Free Pizza Lunch and Learns (Staff, Faculty, and Students welcome!)
     *   Noon in Wheeling: 4/13, 4/20, 4/27 RSVP<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PRzhG1GA_7lGBf8pSefhk1NQUlK1amTJdA1SxeIakdE/viewform>
     *   Noon in Chicago dates: 4/11, 4/18, 4/25 RSVP<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PRzhG1GA_7lGBf8pSefhk1NQUlK1amTJdA1SxeIakdE/viewform>
  *   Film Screening of The Hunting Ground, 4/14 6-8pm, Chicago Atrium - a documentary addressing the prevalence of Sexual Assault on college campuses
  *   Weekly Table Topics in Chicago, Lisle, and Wheeling 4/11-4/28

It is my hope that you will join me and members of the campus community in using this as an opportunity to increase awareness and engagement of prevention efforts in our community. Special thanks to the Sexual Misconduct Task Force who has made all of this possible.

Sincerely,

Danielle Laban, MA
Director of Student Experience
Title IX Coordinator
National Louis University
312-261-3162

Spring Break Blog<http://blog.nl.edu/2016/03/getting-the-most-out-of-your-spring-break-theres-still-time/>

NATIONAL LOUIS UNIVERSITY | 122 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60603