NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2015 20:01:34 +0000
Dear NLU Community,

We wanted to share with you some recent publicity one of NLU's faculty members received for the booklist she compiled with holiday gift giving suggestions. Assistant Professor Toby Rajput's Holiday Gift Recommendations 2015<http://www.nl.edu/ctcb/holidaybookrecommendations2015/>, a list of culturally diverse books for children, was featured on "Good Day Chicago" Channel 32 WFLD and was spotlighted by Daily Herald columnist Burt Constable in the December 3 edition.

Good Day Chicago: http://www.fox32chicago.com/mornings/54836851-story
Daily Herald: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151203/news/151209662/

Rajput explained why books that show diversity among people help children both see themselves and develop empathy for others. These are important tools for the young in an increasingly diverse and interconnected world.

The Marketing Office uses stories like this as content for our NLU homepage News, the NLU blog, and our social media pages. The contributions of our faculty are one of the best ways we can demonstrate NLU's credibility in the professions we serve.

We invite you to follow our blog and social media so you can stay up-to-date on the latest news about the University and read about work your colleagues and students are doing. We also encourage you to share this timely story with others.

  *   Blog: http://blog.nl.edu
  *   Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NationalLouis
  *   Twitter: https://twitter.com/NationalLouisU
  *   LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=18283&trk=tyah&trkInfo=tarId%3A1396025171200%2Ctas%3Anational%20louis%20u%2Cidx%3A3-1-4

The Marketing and Communications Department