NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:55:30 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

Please join us for our third Peace Circle Event, Tuesday, September 22 from 6-8 pm, taking place simultaneously on 3 NLU campuses, Chicago, Wheeling, and Lisle! The 3 locations will be connected via video conference for the introduction and to view two short videos from Parker Palmer and Maya Angelou, prior to entering our circles for sharing on the topics of community support and personal liberation.

In her President’s Address at last week’s Connection, Dr. Megahed beautifully spoke of our commitment at NLU to provide education that "heals tension and creates respect". It is our intention through these Peace Circles to demonstrate and provide this particular experience of healing and respect in our campus spaces, through the powerful practice of Circles of Trust and to honor the important and healing work of Restorative Justice taking place in our schools and communities.​

The Faculty of the Applied Behavioral Sciences Program encourages staff, faculty, students and community to join us for this final event in this series!​

Mary Kelly

Assistant Professor Social and Behavioral Sciences

National Louis University

122 S. Michigan Avenue

Chicago, Il 60603

312-261-3874