NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2016 21:52:51 +0000
Trouble Viewing? Click Here<http://www.nl.edu/eblasts/grandt-finale-celebration-052516/index.html>.

[National Louis University]

Grandt Finale Celebration
RSVP by June 1

[Where] North Shore Campus
Public Forum Room       [Where] Thursday
June 2, 2016    [Where]         4:30PM-6:30PM

NLU Community,

You are invited to join us for our "Grandt Finale," celebrating the successful completion of the ESL STEM Success Grant. We will gather together on Thursday, June 2, from 4:30 - 6:30, in the Public Forum Room at the North Shore Campus.

The celebration will begin with a presentation by Dr. Dorene Wiese, President of the American Indian Association of Illinois, called "Reclaiming American Indian Space in Urban America." This wonderful presentation will include Dr. Wiese and a group dancing, singing and sharing cultural experiences of native tribes living in the Chicago area. Dr. Wiese is a member of the White Earth Band of Ojibwe in Minnesota, but has called Chicago her home for many years. She sponsors preservation, culture and native language growth projects throughout Chicago so that urban American Indians can remember their heritage while living in the city. This is a unique opportunity to learn about the Native American culture currently in our area.

The celebration will then continue with a presentation of highlights from the 5 years of the grant. We are also hoping individuals will share how the ESL STEM Success Grant has impacted them, their students, and their schools. These contributions can be written on a wall poster or shared orally as preferred.

Light refreshments will be provided.

Everyone who has been involved with the grant and attends this event will receive a certificate of appreciation for their participation in the ESL STEM Success Grant, and photographs will be taken.

Please RSVP to Annie Noorts ([log in to unmask])<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you are able to attend. We hope to see you there!!