NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L Archives

National Louis University Announcements Archives

NLUANNOUNCEMENT-L@LISTSERV.NL.EDU

From:
NLU Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:56:19 +0000
Commencement is an important day in our student's educational journey. To execute this exciting day, faculty and staff participation is instrumental. Join us and soak up the energy and excitement as our graduates celebrate their academic achievement with their friends and family! Below are additional details for faculty and staff volunteers:

Chicago Commencement: Saturday, June 24, 2017
National College of Education: 10:00am
College of Professional Studies and Advancement: 2:00pm

Faculty Information:

  *   It is expected that faculty RSVP<https://www.nl.edu/studentservices/commencement/facultyvolunteers/> their intention of attending to ensure that all logistical details meet the ceremony needs.
  *   All faculty participate by sitting on stage and representing the academic confirmation of student achievement.
  *   All faculty must wear regalia - which can be rented from Herff Jones<http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/_nlu/> if you do not have your own regalia.
  *   Faculty who RSVP will be contacted to gauge interest in Marshaling with their students and walking them into the ceremony. Any faculty who marshal will still be expected to rent/wear their regalia and upon entry into the theater, proceed on stage.
  *   Faculty readers will be contacted by Danielle Laban in May.

Staff Information:

  *   40 volunteers are needed at each ceremony to make the day a success for our graduates! We need you!
  *   Here's some of the fun jobs you could be assigned:
  *   Graduate Line Up - Work one-on-one with graduates helping them fill out their reader cards, ensuring their regalia is just right, and helping them line up accurately within their degree program. It's a really great time, soaking up all the energy and excitement as the buzz of their accomplishments fill the theater.
  *   Marshal - Another fun opportunity to soak up the energy and excitement of the graduates by sitting with the graduates during the ceremony. You'll lead them into the theater, sit with them and make sure they are filing on stage when planned.
  *   Guest Information - Help direct foot traffic, answer questions for guests and families, and distribute any extra tickets.

In addition to the motivating and inspiring experience of being present on this important date, faculty and volunteers will be provided with free parking and meals.

Please volunteer<http://www.nl.edu/studentservices/commencement/facultyvolunteers/> today! The ceremony is only as successful as the great team working behind the scenes to ensure our students have a memorable, inspiring day!

We look forward to celebrating with you in June!

With appreciation,
Danielle, Chair of Commencement Planning Committee